Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Messenger Bag


I met Ray B. when I was traveling to Chicago for a fashion show. He styles everyone's hair and I was in a major hair crisis.

We began talking about design and eventually he directed the subject to an impossible to find messenger bag. Both of us being seasoned travelers we had the same experience; not wanting to look like a tourist, but still having something practical to carry everything from maps to cameras and all the extras.

On my return from Chicago I then encountered several clients who were also traveling and feeling the same frustrations. Added to that were the College Freshman looking for the perfect bag to take away on their new journey.

There were many prototypes that were a miss, there was the flap that was more frustration than security. The all-together wrong strap when I tried weaving the fabric. And all the failed closures.

After trails and errors I have settled on this design you see, available in 3 colors; nutmeg, kohl, and putty. Each bag can be folded over to be worn over the shoulder, or when traveling use the long strap across your body. It comes complete with pockets and interior zipper compartments. I can fit my laptop, cell phone, wallet, keys, energy bars and bottle of water! So whether for work or for fun this is going to be my staple bag this season. I just can't decide which color I like most, luckily at only $52.00 I can get more than one!

The day this messenger bag debuted in the store I sold 6 bags, to both men and women. How did I get in the handbag business?

Thanks Ray, this ones for you!

The "Ray" is available exclusively at Kovet Boutique in limited quantities for $52.00.